Today we have Preethi from Preethi's Culinary is with us. She is interested in cooking, painting and craft work. She has a separate blog for her crafts and paintings. Now, let us hear from her...
Nithu's Kitchen : Tell us about you Preeti.
Preethi : I'm an Engineering graduate. I quit my job after my wedding as I had to move to US. I 'm married to such a wonderful, sweet, lovable and supporting person - Mr. Sriram. I'm proud to be a home maker now:-)
Nithu's Kitchen : What are your interests.
Preethi : I'm interested in cooking. I love to paint and do lots of craft work.
Nithu's Kitchen : It is very interesting to know you love to paint and do craft work. Why don't you share us some of the your crafts and paintings.
Preethi : Sure. You can see my craft works @ Preethiyin Kaivannam.
Nithu's Kitchen : Share us an interesting incident from your wedding.
Preethi : Actually, there were many interesting incidents happened. But the most interesting one was, my husband was in US when our wedding got fixed. Later we learnt that we were in a way related to each other already. During our wedding, we had lot of pre-marriage ceremonies but my hubby couldn't come and all went very well without the important person for the wedding. Atlast, he managed to come to the wedding, since his presence was very much required for marriage:)
Nithu's Kitchen : Who suggested you to start a cookery blog?
Preethi : When I got married, I didn't know anything about cooking. My husband only taught me the cooking from basics and slowly, I started to cook well. He is the person who suggested me to start a blog.
Nithu's Kitchen : What do you have today to share with us?
Preethi : Veg Burrito, my hubby's favourite one:-)
For Stuffing :
Potato - 2 small cubed
Bell Pepper - 1 sliced lengthwise
Tomato - 1 sliced lengthwise
Onion - 1 sliced lengthwise
Cilantro - to garnish
Basmati Rice - 1/4 cup
Tomato Onion Gravy - 2 tsp
Lime juice - 1 tsp
Pomegranate seeds - 1/2 cup
Black Beans - 1/2 cup
Curd - 4 tsp
Salt - to taste
For the base:
Wheat Flour - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
* Cook the black beans well that it's consistency should be like it mashes only when it is pressed.
For the potato fry :
* Wash the potatoes and peel the skin off.
* Then cut the potatoes in cube shape and make it dry.
* Then deep fry the potato cubes till it changes into golden brown color.
For the gravy :
* Cut the bell pepper, tomato and the onions lengthwise saute them weand ll.
* Add some salt to cook them well and soon.
* Then saute it till they become tender but see to that they don't get overcooked.
* That's the gravy is ready.
For the rice stuff :
* Soak the basmati rice for half an hour.
* Then cook the basmati rice and keep it ready.
* Then mix some 2 tsp of tomato onion gravy and keep aside.
For the stuff mixture :
* Finely chop the onions, tomato and cilantro.
* Then mix all these three and add some 1 tsp of lime juice.
* The stuff is ready.
For the base :
* Take a bowl, add the wheat flour, salt, oil and mix well.
* Then add some warm water and mix them well to make a nice dough.
* Knead the dough well to make it soft.
* Once the dough is ready set it for atleast 15 minutes.
* Then divide the dough into 4 equal parts.
* Roll each rolls into big round shape.
* Then take a pan, heat it and once the pan is ready, put the base and cook it slightly.
* Once both the sides are cooked well, the base is ready.
To make the burrito :
* Take the base prepared.
* Add the rice prepared as first layer.
* Secondly layer with the stuff prepared with bell pepper, onions, tomato.
* Then layer it with chopped tomato, onions, cilantro and lime juice mixture.
* Then layer it with curd, cooked black beans, pomegranate seeds and fried potato cubes.
* Once the stuffing are done then close the burrito
* Wrap some foil to make holding the burrito comfortable. Yummy, healthy and delicious vegetable burrito is ready to go.
Nithu's Kitchen : Thanks Preethi for being Nithu's Kitchen's guest. We enjoyed talking to you.
Preethi : I too enjoyed a lot and its my pleasure to be here Nithu.
Friends, Hope you all like Preethi's yummy Burrito. If you are interested to be featured as Nithu's Kitchen's Guest, please drop a mail to nithuskitchen[at]gmail[dot]com.