This is such a quick and easy idly that comes in handy whenever we run out of Idly batter. The preparation is very simple.
1. Rava - 1 Cup
2. Yogurt - 1 Cup
3. Carrot - 1/2 Cup (Grated)
4. Green chilli - 1 (Finely chopped)
5. Soda - 1/2 tsp
6. Salt - Needed qty
Seasoning Ingredients :
1. Oil- 1 tbsp
2. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
3. Curry leaves - A few
4. Cashew nuts - A few
5. Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
1. Dry roast rava and let it cool.
2. Once cooled, combine rava, yogurt, salt, green chilli and grated carrot. Mix well without any lumps. Keep aside for about 20 minutes.
3. The batter consistency should be of pouring consistency. If you feel the batter is thick, add a little milk to thin out.
4. Now, heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add cashew, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Fry for a minute. Add this to the batter.
5. Add soda, mix well.
6. Pour the batter on the oil greased idly plates.
7. Steam cook for about 15 minutes.
8. Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.