This is a delicious snack/breakfast dish made out of rice flour, sugar and coconut. This puttu and Corn & Green Onion Rice makes their way to PJ's Tried & Tasted - Priya's Easy & Tasty Recipes, an event started by Lakshmi. Check out Priya's recipe here.
1. Rice flour - 2 Cups
2. Sugar - 1 Cup
3. Cardamom powder - 1 tsp (Optional)
4. Salt - 1/2 tsp
5. Water - To sprinkle on the flour
6. Grated coconut - 1 Cup (Grated)
7. Ghee - (Use freshly prepared ghee. This gives a nice flavour.)
1.Roast the rice flour for few minutes.
2. Let it cool. Now, add salt and mix well.
3. Sprinkle a little water.
4. Mix and see, whether you are able to form balls from the flour mixture. At the same time you should able to crumble it back.
6. Once cooked, transfer to a larger container, mix well with wooden spatula to break the small lumps formed.
7. Then add sugar, cardamom powder, ghee, grated coconut. Mix everything well.
8. Serve with a dollop of ghee on the top.