Today, we have my sister Bharati with us. She is well known to you all. She had been here few times. To read her recipes and know more about her, go here, here and here.
Bharati shares a recipe for a tasty Elephant Yam Fry.
1. Elephant Yam - 1
2. Onion- 2
3. Tomato- 2
4. Garlic cloves - 4
5. Turmeric Powder- 1 tsp
6. Sambar Powder - 1 tsp
7. Chilly Powder- 1 tsp ( adjust to your taste)
8. Coriander Powder- 1 tsp
9. Garam Masala Powder- 1 tsp
10. Salt- required quantity
11. Curry Leaves- few
12. Oil- required quantity
13. Coriander Leaves- required quantity
1. Cut the elephant yam into cubes.
2. Add turmeric & sambar powder along with half of the required salt to the yam.
3. Marinate well. Keep it aside for 10 mins.
4. Pressure cook the marinated yam for one/ two whistles just enough to cook the yam.
5. Pour required quantity of oil to the pan & fry finely cut onion for one minute. To that add the cut tomato pieces & fry nicely.
6. Then add the cooked yam to this onion tomato mixture along with all the powders & remaining salt.
7. Mix well & add curry leaves & crushed garlic cloves to it. If needed, add one or two spoons of oil so as not to stick to the pan.
8. Roast the yam nicely.
9. Garnish it with coriander leaves & Serve.