This is a delicious chutney that we often prepare to have with rice. Paruppu thuvayal, Garlic rasam and appalam makes a good combo.
1. Moong dhal - 1/2 Cup
2. Coconut - 3 tsp (Grated)
3. Garlic - 2 Cloves
4. Red chillies - 2 or asjust to your taste
5. Salt - Needed quantity
1. In a pan, dry roast the dhal on a medium flame till the dhal turns golden brown. Keep aside.
2. In the same pan, dry roast red chillies.
3. Transfer dhal and red chillies to a mixer jar. Add 1/4 cup of water. Let it stand for 10 minutes.
4. Now, add coconut, garlic and salt.
5. Grind coarsely.
6. Serve with over the hot rice with a dollop of ghee.