Today, this guest post series completes one year. I started this series on March 8th, 2010 on International Women's Day and my sister was the first guest here. I take this opportunity to thank my sister, mom and all my friends who gave their guest posts and helped me to run this series without any break for the complete one year.
We have my Mom with us today. She was already here once on Mother's Day, 2010. You can read about her here.
She shares a recipe for Plantain Fry (Vazhakkai Varuval) :
1. Vazhakkai - 2
2. Rice flour - 1/2 Cup
3. Corn Flour - 1 tbs
4. Red chilly powder - 1.5 tbs
5. Salt - Needed qty
6. Oil - to fry
1. Peel and cut plantain in to thick rectangular pieces.
2. Throw both the flour along with red chilly powder and salt on the cut vegetable.
3. Sprinkle some water.
4. Mix them all together.
5. Heat oil and fry till crisp.
6. Serve with rice as side dish or with tea as evening snack.