Hi Friends, I'm doing great. How about you all? Thanks to you all for your kind enquiries about my sudden absence from this blog world. I too missed all your delicious recipes. This was just an unplanned break and that is the reason I couldn't inform you all in advance. Very sorry about that. I'm sure to catch up with all your recipes soon.
Now, I'm with a wonderful and healthy recipe "Stuffed Methi Paratha". Methi (Fenugreek), also known as Greek Hay, is an amazing herb with unique aroma and taste. The major health benefit of methi is that it helps in reducing blood sugar level. The other health benefits are, it increases haemoglobin and works as a blood purifier. Apart from these major benefits, it helps in digestion and hairloss as well. It is always good to include methi in our regular diet.
1. Wheat Flour - 2 cups
2. Salt - 1/2 tsp
3. Water - Approximately one Cup
4. Oil or ghee
For the Filling :
1. Methi leaves - 1 Bunch
2. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
3. Red chilly Powder - 1 tsp
4. Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
5. Chickpea Flour - 1 tbs
6. Oil - 1 tbs
7. Salt - 1/2 tsp
1. Combine flour, salt and a teaspoon of oil/ghee. Mix together. Sprinkle water a little by little and prepare a soft dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for about 30 minutes.
2. Now, pour oil in a pan. Add onion and saute till it turns golden brown.
3. Add cleaned methi leaves. Saute for few minutes.
4. Add salt, chilly powder and garam masala. Mix them thoroughly.
5. Finally add chickpea flour. Keep stirring the mixture for few minutes.
6. Switch off the stove. Let the mixture cool down.
7. Now, roll out the dough in to small discs. Take a spoonful of methi masala mixture and place it in the centre of the rolled disc.
8. Bring the edges of the disc towards the centre so that the dough covers the masala.
9. Flatten gently with a rolling pin.
10. Heat a dosa pan, add a teaspoonful of oil or ghee and cook the stuffed parathas on both the sides.