Kesari is a popular sweet dish prepared with Sooji in general. This time, when I prepared Kesari, I just gave a twist by adding orange juice and almond. Those two additional ingredients gave a very rich taste and flavour.
1. Rava (Sooji) – 1/2 Cup
2. Water – 1 cup
3. Fresh Orange Juice - 3/4 Cup
4. Orange food colour / Kesari Powder – 2 pinches
5. Sugar – 3/4 Cup or adjust to your taste
6. Ghee – 4 tbsps
7. Raisins – 10
8. Almond – 10
9. Cardamom powder – 4 pinches
10. Cashew - 10
1. Dry roast the almonds and powder them coarsely. Keep aside.
2. Dry roast the rava till golden brown. Heat water in a separate pan.
3. When water starts to boil, add the food colour and sugar. Once the sugar get dissolved completely, medium the flame.
4. Now, add the roasted rava. Stir continously to avoid lumps while adding the rava.
5. Once the water get absorbed fully, add the freshly extracted orange juice and coarsely powdered almonds. Keep mixing the contents till the rava get cooked well.
6. Meanwhile, heat ghee in a small separate pan. Add raisin, cashew and cardamom powder.
7. Once the cashews turn golden brown, add the ghee mixture to the kesari and mix well.
8. Serve warm.
You may be interested in :