Phulka is a light and fluffy Indian bread. Usually Phulka is cooked directly on gas burner flame to make it fluffy.
1. Wheat flour - 2/3 Cup
2. Maida - 1/3 Cup
3. Salt - 1/2 tsp
4. Oil - 3 tsp
5. Sugar - 1/2 tsp
1. Combine the flour, oil, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Sprinkle water a little by little while kneading the flour. Knead well and make a soft dough. Cover the dough and keep aside for atleast 2 hours.
2. After 2 hours, grease your hands with little oil and knead the dough again. Roll out in to small balls.
3. Then, using a rolling pin, gently spread the balls in to round thin discs.
4. Heat a dosa pan. Place the phulkas. Once the phulka puffs up and the top portion starts to form bubbles, flip to other side and cook or alternatively you can cook one side on the dosa pan and other side directly on the gas burner flame.
5. Once cooked, apply little ghee and serve warm with any side dish.