Cutlet is a healthy and tasty snack. This is a quick snack which will take not more than 15-20 minutes to prepare. You can add vegetables like peas, beans etc...When coloured vegetables like carrot and beetroot are added, they give a nice colour and a sweet taste which will attract the kids to eat this healthy snack.
1. Potato - 4 (Medium sized,cooked and mashed)
2. Carrot - 2 (Grated)
3. Beetroot - 1 (Grated)
4. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
5. Dried mango powder - 1/2 tsp
6. Chilli powder - 1 tsp
7. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
8. Coriander - 1/4. Cup (Cleaned and chopped finely)
9. Maida - 2 tbs
10. Bread Crumbs - For rolling
11. Salt - Needed Qty
12. Oil - For Frying
1. Combine potato, carrot and beetroot in a bowl.
2. Add turmeric powder, mango powder, garam masala, red chilly powder and salt. Mix them all together well.
3. Take small quantity of the mixture and shape in to ball and gently flatten them and keep aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Meanwhile, add water to maida and make it to a batter like bajji batter in consistency.
6. Place the cutlets gently on the batter and then roll it on the bread crumbs. Once you roll it on the maida and bread crumbs, fry the cutlet immediately on medium flame till the outer covering turns in to nice brown colour.
7. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
You may be interested in :