Sundakkai (Turkey Berry) is a special medicinal herb which is botanically called as Solanum torvum. You can prepare Kuzhambu, Sambar and Thuvayal with Sundakkai.
1. Sundakkai - 1 Cup (Slit into two halves)
2. Urad Dhal - 1/2 tbs
3. Coconut - 1 tbs
4. Red Chilly - 3 or adjust to your taste
5. Tamarind Paste - 1/2 tsp
6. Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
7. Oil - 4 tsp
8. Salt - Needed Qty
1. In a pan, add 3 tsp of oil and fry sundakkai till it get roasted well.Trasnfer to a small mixer jar and allow it to cool.
2. In the same pan, add 1 tsp of oil and fry urad dhal, red chilly and asafoetida.Transfer to a mixture jar, add tamarind paste, salt and coconut.
3. Add little water and grind the ingredients.
4. Serve with rice or any Indian bread.