"Wish You All A Very Happy Pongal"
Parangikai Inippu Pachadi or Yellow Pumpkin Sweet Pachadi is prepared during Pongal. It is offered to God along with other dishes. You can click here for Sakkarai Pongal Recipe, Breakfast Menu and Lunch Menu for Pongal.
1. Yellow Pumpkin - 1 Cup (Cubed)
2. Salt - A pinch
3. Jaggery Syrup - 2 tbsp
4. Coconut - 1 tbsp (Grated)
1. Red Chilly - 1
2. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
3. Urad Dhal - 1 tsp
4. Curry leaf - A few
5. Oil - 2 tsp
1. Peel pumpkin and cut in to small cubes.
2. In a pan, add little quantity of water and a pinch of salt. Then add pumpkin cubes.
3. When the pumpkin is half-cooked, add jaggery syrup.
4. Again cover the pan and cook till pumpkin becomes tender.Add coconut. Keep aside.
5. In a small pan, heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add urad dhal, curry leaves and red chilly. Fry for a minute.
6. Add this to cooked pumpkin. Mix well.
7. Serve with any Indian bread/ rice.