I celebrate my 400th post with this "Almond & Cashew Halwa". It is only because of your encouragement and support I could post so many recipes. Thank you so much Friends:-)
1. Almond - 1/2 Cup
2. Cashew – 1/2 Cup
3. Ghee – 1 Cup
4. Yellow Food Colour – 1/4 tsp
5. Sugar – 1 Cup or adjust to your taste.
1. Soak almonds over-night and remove skin.
2. With a little water grind almonds to a fine paste. Keep aside.
3. Dry roast cashews till golden brown. Cool and then finely powder. Keep aside.
4. In a pan, prepare sugar syrup with one cup of water for one cup of sugar.
5. Once the sugar syrup attains single string consistency, add yellow food colour, almond paste followed by cashew powder.
6. Medium the flame. Stir continously to avoid lumps.
7. After a few minutes, add ghee a little by little while stirring.
8. When the halwa leaves the sides of the pan, switch off the stove.
9. When warm, place one tablespoon of halwa in a small rectangularly cut butter paper. Then fold the paper.
10. You can either serve Halwa in a folded butter paper or as such.