Pineapple rasam is a variation to traditional tomato rasam. Pineapple rasam gives totally a different flavour and taste. The chopped pineapple pieces cooked in the rasam give a nice taste. This rasam can also be served simple as soup or with rice.
1. Pineapple Juice (Fresh/Tinned) - 3/4 Cup
2. Thin Tamarind Juice - 1/2 Cup
3. Pineapple (Fresh/Tinned) - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
4. Tomato - 1(Finely Chopped)
5. Green Chilly - 2 (Slit Vertically)or adjust to your taste
6. Coriander - 2 tsp (Finely Chopped)
7. Curry Leaf - A few
8. Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
9. Rasam Powder - 1 tsp
10. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
11. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
12. Cumin - 1/2 tsp
13. Thoor Dhal - 1/4 Cup (Over cooked & Mashed)
14. water - 1 Cup
15. Ghee - 1/2 tsp
16. Salt - Needed Qty
1. In a pan, heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add cumin and green chillies. Fry for a minute.
2. Add rasam powder, turmeric powder, chopped pineapple and tomato.
3. Saute for few mminutes. Add pineapple juice, tamarind juice, water, mashed thoor dhal and salt.
4. Allow the contents to boil well.
5. Before you switch off the stove, add asafoetida, ghee, coriander and curry leaves.