Sweet Corn Sooji Upma is a variation to usual Sooji/Rava Upma. Addition of vegetables makes the upma a healthy one. Coconut oil and coconut enhances the flavour and taste.
1. Rava / Sooji - 1.5 Cups
2. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Chopped)
3. Carrot - 1 Small (Peeled and finely chopped)
4. Sweet Corn Kernels - 1/2 Cup (Cooked)
5. Green Chilly - 1 (Cut in to pieces) or Adjust to your taste
6. Grated Coconut - 2 tsp
7. Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
8. Salt - Needed Qty
9. Mustard - 1 tsp
10. Sunflower Oil - 1.5 tbs
11. Coconut Oil - 2 tsp
12. Coriander Leaves - To Garnish
1. Dry roast rava and keep aside.
2. In a pan heat oil and splutter mustard.
3. Add onion, carrot, chilly and corn. Fry till onion turns golden brown.
4. Add 2 cups of water, salt, red chilly powder and grated coconut. Allow the contents to boil well.
5. Once boiled, medium the stove. Slowly add the roasted sooji. Keep stirring while adding to avoid lumps.
6. Cover with lid.
7. Once cooked add coconut oil. Mix well.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot with sambar and coconut chutney.
You may be interested in :