I'm guest hosting JCO's "Know Your Flour - Rice Flour" for Aug-Sep, 2012. I chose Rice Flour as the theme, because it has many benefits associated with it. Rice flour is consumed by most Asian countries. Rice flour has versatile uses, from baby foods, pancake mix and baked snacks to coatings for fried foods. However, its importance and inclusion in the Western diet is due to its gluten-free quality. Rice flour is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium. It also contains almost the same amount of calories as its counterpart, wheat. It is a combination of complex carbohydrates and nutrients.
Benefits of rice flour :
1. Rice Flour Is Gluten-Free. (Gluten is a protein found in rye, oats, barley and wheat. It causes digestive disorders and allergic reactions in some people)
2. Rice flour is rich in manganese, which helps in the proper development of bones and cartilage. It also helps in better absorption of calcium.
3. Rice flour helps to treat wrinkles, pigmentation and blemishes. When one tablespoon of rice flour is mixed with two tablespoons of yogurt (nonfat), it serves as homemade skin cleaning milk. It is an effective ingredient to clear the skin.
4. rice flour contains insoluble fiber that helps to relieve constipation. Moreover, it is rich in resistant starch that induces the growth of healthy bacteria, in turn helping in smooth bowel movements. It clears the body of waste products and toxins.
Now to the Event Rules,
1. Post any vegetarian recipe prepared with rice flour between 10th Aug and 9th Sep, 2012.
2. Give link to this announcement and Jagruti's event announcement page. Logo is mandatory as it helps spread word.
3. Don't worry if you have your recipes in your archives. Repost with logo and link to this announcement and Jagruti's event announcement page.
4. Send your entries to email@example.com with the subject line as "Know Your Flour-Rice Flour" with the below details.
Blog Name :
Recipe Name :
Recipe URL :
Picture of your recipe :
4. Non-bloggers are welcome to send recipes. Send recipe in full with the picture and the same subject line as above.
5. I'l acknowledge your entries within 3 days else leave a comment in this announcement.
For ideas on recipes with Rice Flour, Please check the following recipes.