Idly Upma is a delicious breakfast dish prepared from leftover idly. This is very easy to prepare. If you want you can use fresh idly as well. I have already posted another variation of this upma with Idly Podi. Check Podi Idly Upma also.
1. Leftover Idly - 10
2. Onion - 1 Cup (Finely Chopped)
3. Green Chilly - 2 (Chopped)
4. Curry Leaves - A few
5. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
6. Urad Dhal - 1/2 tsp
7. Salt - Needed Qty
8. Oil - 1 tbs
9. Coconut - 1 tbs (Grated)
1. Keep leftover idly in refridgerator overnight or at least for two hours.
2. Crumble idly well with fingers.
3. Heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add urad dhal. Fry till urad dhal turns golden brown.
4. Add onion, green chilly and curry leaves.
5. Saute till onion colour changes.
6. Add crumbled idly and a little quantity of salt.
7. Mix well. Keep in low flame for five minutes.
8. Add a little oil if the upma is dry.
9. Add grated coconut to enhance taste.
10. Serve hot with Coconut Chutney and Sambar.
You may be interested in :