Thank you friends for your wishes on our daughter's first Birthday. Little girl and all of us had a wonderful evening yesterday! Had lots of fun. Lil "S" sends her kisses & hugs to you all.
Today is Krishna Jayanthi, the birthday of Lord Krishna and we have prepared this jackfruit payasam for the pooja.
1. Jack fruit - 10 Pieces (Remove seed, wash, chop and keep aside)
2. Jaggery - 3/4 Cup (Grated)
3. Coconut pieces - 1/4 Cup (Chopped to small pieces)
4. Coconut Milk - 1 Cup
5. Milk - 1 Cup (Boiled and cooled)
6. Ghee - 2 tsp
7. Cashewnut - A few
8. Cardamom powder - A pinch
1. Pressure cook chopped jacfruit with enough water for just one whistle.
2. Cool and then grind the cooked jackfruit to a fine paste. Keep aside.
3. Meanwhile, dissolve jaggery in a little water and filter to remove dust.
4. Make a syrup and keep aside.
5. Fry cashewnuts and coconut pieces separately till golden brown. Keep aside.
6. Now, combine milk, jacfruit paste, jaggery syrup, cardamom powder, fried coconut pieces and cashewnut.
7. Boil for few minutes. Switch off and then add coconut milk.
8. Serve hot or chilled.
You may be interested in :