Ash gourd kootu is quick and easy to prepare. This goes good with any spicy kuzhambu like Milagu Kuzhambu.
1. Poosanikai/Ash gourd - 2 Cups (Cut in to small cubes)
2. Coconut - 1/2 Cup
3. Green Chilly - 1 (Small) or Adjust to your taste
4. Cumin Seeds - 3/4 tsp
5. Yogurt/Curd - 1/2 Cup
6. Salt - Needed Qty
For Seasoning :
1. Mustard - 1 tsp
2. Urad Dhal - 1 tsp
3. Curry Leaves - A Few
4. Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
Heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add urad dhal and fry till golden brown. Switch off the stove. Add curry leaves. Keep aside.
1. Grind coconut, green chilly and cumin seeds together to a fine paste. Keep aside.
2. In a pan, cook ash gourd with salt. (Add a little quantity of water for cooking. Don't over cook.)
3. Now, add the coconut paste.
4. Allow the content to cook for few minutes.
5. Switch off the stove. Pour the seasoning over the cooked contents.
6. When the contents are warm, add yogurt/curd. Mix well.
You may be interested in :