This is a very simple chutney. This is bit different from usual coconut chutney. You don't have to add fried gram (Pottukadalai) to this chutney. The colour of the chutney is white and we call it "Vellai(white) Chutney". The addition of garlic gives a nice flavour to the chutney. This goes good with Idly and Dosa. Sometimes I eat it with Chapathi or Poori too.
1. Coconut - 1/2 Cup (Grated)
2. Green Chilly - 1 or Adjust to you taste
3. Garlic - 2 Cloves
4. Salt - Needed Qty
For Seasoning :
1. Mustard - 1 tsp
2. Curry Leaves - A Few
3. Oil - 2 tsp
Heat oil. Splutter mustard. Add curry leaves. Switch off the stove.
1. Grind coconut, green chilly, garlic and salt with 1/4 cup of water. (The consistency has to be neither too thick nor too runny)
2. Transfer to a bowl. Pour the seasoning over the chutney. Mix well.
3. Serve with Idly and Dosa.
Tomato & Onion Chutney