The preparation of Inji Pachadi is very similar to Puli Saaru or Puli Pachadi. The best combo is Inji Pachadi & Upma.
1. Tamarind Juice - 1/4 Cup
2. Water - 3/4 Cup
3. Ginger - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
4. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
5. Fenugreek Seeds - A Few
6. Red chilly - 1
7. Green Chilly - 1
8. Curry leaves - A Few
9. Asafoetida - 1/2 tsp
10. Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
11. Jaggery - 1/2 tsp (Powdered)
12. Oil - 2 tsp
13. Salt - Needed qty
1. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard.
2. Add fenugreek seeds, red chilly, green chilly, asafoetida and curry leaves. Saute for few minutes.
3. Now add, chopped ginger and saute well.
4. Add tamarind juice, water, turmeric powder, salt and Jaggery. Let the contents boil well.
5. Switch off the stove when the contents starts to thicken.(The consistency should be runny, so that it mixes up well with upma when served as a sidedish)