This is a traditional dish prepared during festivals. This is offered as prasadam in temples. The taste and flavour of this pongal is very unique. You can check my Sakkarai Pongal Recipe here
1. Raw Rice - 1 Cup
2. Milk - 4 Cups
3. Kalkandu (Rock Candy / Crystallized Sugar) - 2 Cups or Adjust to your taste
4. Cardamom - 2 Pods
5. Edible Camphor (Pacha Karpooram) - A Pinch
6. Cashew - 10
7. Raisin - 1 tbs
8. Ghee - 4 tbs
1. Wash rice. Drain water. Roast with one teaspoonful of ghee for few minutes in medium flame.
2. Transfer rice from pan to a thick bottomed deep vessel. Add milk.
3. Cook rice in medium flame. Once cooked, add kalkandu, cardamom and edible camphor.Keep stirring the contents till kalkandu is dissolved completely.
4. Add ghee and mix the contents well.
5. Garnish with ghee fried cashew and raisin.
6. Serve warm with a dollop of ghee.