This Mexican fried rice is a simple and delicious rice. The taste is different from Vegetable Fried Rice. Red chilly powder and tomato gives a nice colour and flavour to the rice.
1. Basmati rice or Any long grain Variety - 1 Cup (Soak for 15 minutes and set to drain)2. Onion - 1 Medium Sized (Chopped)
3. Garlic - 6 Cloves (Crushed)
4. Turmeric powder - 1 Pinch
5. Capsicum - 1/4 Cup (Finely Chopped)
6. Tomato - 1 (Finely Chopped)
7. Mixed Vegetables - 1/2 Cup (Finely Chopped)
8. Chilly powder - 1 tsp or Adjust to your taste
9. Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp (Optional)
10. Tomato Ketchup - 1 tsp
11. Oil - 1 tbs
12. Salt - Needed Qty
1. Heat a pan. Add washed rice. Fry till it turns to light brown.
2. Cook rice with enough water. Let it cool.
3. In a pan, add oil. Add onion and chopped vegetables. Fry till onion turns to golden brown.
4. Add tomato, turmeric powder, chilly powder, pepper powder and salt. Saute for few minutes.
5. Add ketchup and mix the ingredients well.
6. Add rice and mix well. Medium the stove.
7. Cook for few minutes.
8. Serve hot.
Peas Paneer Pulav