This is another version of sweet idiyappam. To prepare this, first you have to prepare jaggery syrup. Rest of the procedure will be same as my earlier version of Sweet or Coconut Idiyappam.
To prepare Idiyappam, you need rice flour, a pinch of salt, hot water and Idiyappam presser. Make the rice flour to a soft dough with water. Grease the Idiyappam presser with oil. Stuff with the dough and gently press on idly plates and steam cook.
1. Idiyappam (Broken) - 4 Cups
2. Coconut - 1/2 Cup (Grated)
3. Jaggery - 3/4 Cup or Adjust to your taste
4. Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
5. Channa Dhal - 1/2 tbs (Half cooked)
6. Chopped Almond & Cashews - 1 tbs
7. Ghee - 1/2 tbs
1. In a pan, add ghee and roast chopped nuts. Then add coconut and cardamom powder. Immediately switch off the stove. Mix the contents well. Keep the pan aside.
2. Combine 3/4 cup of jaggery and 1/2 cup of water. Bring to boil. Once the jaggery is dissolved completely, filter and again bring to boil. Now add channa dhal. Boil till you get a thick syrup. Keep aside.
3. Now combine, jaggery syrup, coconut and nut mixture and broken idiyappam together. Mix well.
4. Serve for breakfast or dinner.
You may be interested in :
Who tried this recipe?