This post is in my draft for long time. Though, I posted the recipe for a delicious combo Maida Poori and Choley(Channa Masala) long time ago, somehow I forgot to post this poori recipe. Yesterday while I was going through the drafts, I found Potato Masala and this Wheat Poori recipes in my draft. Immediately I posted Potato Masala. Now that I am here with Wheat Poori recipe.
1. Whole wheat flour - 1.5 Cup
3. Salt - Needed Qty
4. Sunflower Oil - For frying
5. Ghee - 1 tsp
6. Sugar - 1/2 tsp
1. Combine wheat flour, salt and sugar together in a large bowl.
2. Add a little water and mix to make a dough. Sprinkle a little water if needed.
3. Keep kneading well till you get a soft dough.
4. Now add ghee and continue kneading for another 2 minutes. Cover the bowl with a lid and keep aside for 30 minutes.
5. Then, divide the dough into equal portions. Roll them into smooth balls.
6. Roll each ball into discs with a rolling pin. Place the rolled discs on a plastic sheet.
7. Heat oil and fry the Pooris one at a time.
8. Gently press each side of the poori. This step is important as this helps Poori to puff up well.