1. Yam - 2 Cups (Peeled, Cleaned and Cubed)
2. Onion - 1/4 Cup (Chopped)
3. Garlic Cloves - 3 (Crushed)
4. Curry Leaves - A few
5. Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp or Adjust to your taste
6. Sambar Powder - 1 tsp
7. Tamarind Pulp - 1/4 tsp
8. Mustard - 1/4 tsp
9. Sesame Oil - 1/2 tbs
10. Salt - Needed Qty
1. Heat 1/4 tbs of oil in a pan. Splutter mustard.
2. Add chopped onion and crushed garlic. Saute till onion turns golden brown.
3. Now add red chilly powder. Saute for few minutes. Keep aside.
4. In another pan, add remaining oil. Put cubed yam. Keep sauting in low flame for 10 minutes.
5. Add sambar powder, salt and tamarind pulp. Add a little water.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and allow the yam to cook till tender.
7. Add the cooked yam to onion-garlic mixture.
8. Mix the contents in the pan. Medium the flame.
9. After 10 minutes, add curry leaves. Switch off the stove.
10. Serve hot with any rice.