Mint Aloo is a colourful and healthy Chaat for kids. This can also be served as a curry with any Indian bread or Rice. You can use baby potatoes to prepare this. When you serve this as a chaat, throw a handful of sev on the top and serve hot.
1. Potato - 4 ( Medium Sized)
2. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Chopped lengthwise)
3. Coriander Leaves - 1 Cup
4. Mint leaves - 1 Cup
5. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
6. Green Chilly - 2 or Adjust to your taste
7. Chaat Masala - 1 tsp
8. Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
9. Salt - Needed Qty
10. Butter - 1 tsp
11. Oil - 1/2 tbs
12. Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
1. Wash and pressure cook potatoes. Remove skin and cut in to bite sized pieces. Keep aside.
2. Take mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly, salt, chaat masala and garam masala in a mixer jar. Grind with a little water to a fine paste. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add onion and saute till it turns transparent.
4. Add ginger-garlic paste. Saute on a medium flame till the rawa smell of ginger-garlic paste is gone.
5. Add the ground mint-coriander leaves paste. Mix the ingredients well. Keep sauting on low flame for few minutes.
6. Add potato. Mix thoroughly. Keep in medium flame for 5 minutes.
7. Add butter. Mix once. Switch off the stove.
8. Add lemon juice. Mix well.
9. Garnish with sev and serve hot.
This goes to My "Healthy Food for Healthy Kids - Healthy Chaat".
Who tried this recipe?