Nithu's Kitchen completes three years today with 500 posts and 424 friends through Google Friend Connect. Thank you friends for your constant support and encouragement. Hope, you all would continue to support me throughout this journey. My special thanks to my Hubby, Dad, Mom and Sister for their constant encouragement. Without them and friends like you, I could not achieve so much.
To celebrate this day, I prepared a very traditional sweet "Vella Puttu / Arisi Vella Puttu". This is a very versatile dish. Vella puttu can be served as breakfast or evening snack or as dessert.The recipe will be shared in my next post.
On this special day, I would like to share few important happenings of Nithu's kitchen for the last three years. In the first year of blogging, I posted totally 300 posts. But in the second year, due to my pregnancy and delivery I could not even post 100 posts. But this year, I managed somehow to post about 120 posts. For this, I must really thank my Husband and Mom who took care of our Lil "S" when I was busy in kitchen . Even DH helped me in clicking some pictures.
Important Milestones for the Period of 13th Oct, 2011 - 13th Oct, 2012:
Important Posts :
1. 400th Post on 14th Feb, 2012 - This post is a sweet recipe (Cashew & Almond Halwa) to mark 400th post and Valentines Day celebration.
2. Lil"S" First Birthday Post on 8th Aug, 2012 - This post is a cake recipe (Eggless Raisin Cake) to celebrate our loving daughter's first Birthday.
3. Lil"S" Teething Ceremony Post on 23rd Aug, 2012 - This post is a kozhukattai recipe (Sweet Ammini Kozhukattai) to celebrate our daughter's first teeth.
Prizes Won :
Awards Won :
Events & Giveaway Hosted :
6. Try My Recipes - Cook. Taste. Post Event & Giveaway for 3rd Blog Anniversary for this Month, runs till 31st Oct, 2012.
My Stories(Tamil) Published in Magazines :
2. "Penkulathin Vetriyadi" selected in Thendral's short story contest-2011 for publication.
3. "Veedu" selected for consolation prize in TVR's Memorial Short Story Contest, 2012 conducted by Dinamalar-Varamalar.(The story is yet to be published)
Thank you friends. Keep encouraging me with your comments in coming years too.