This is quick to prepare. This Kurma can be prepared with limited ingredients. This goes good with any rice and Indian bread.
1. Carrot - 2 (Medium Sized)
2. Onion - 1
3. Tomato - 1
4. Ginger - Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
5. Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
5. Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp (or) Adjust according to your taste
6. Garam Masala - 1 tsp
7. Oil - 1/2 tbs
8. Salt - Needed Qty
9. Water - 2.5 Cups
To Grind :
1. Coconut - 1 tbs
2. Cashew nut - 1 (Whole)
3. Green Chilly - 1
4. Fennel Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Roast all the above ingredients with a little oil and grind with little water to a fine paste.
To Temper :
1. Mustard - 1/2 tsp
2. Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
3. Oil - 1 tsp
Heat oil. Add mustard and cumin. Let them splutter. Switch off the stove. Keep aside.
For Garnishing :
1. Coriander Leaves - A little quantity (Finely Chopped)
1. In a pan, take oil. Add onion and saute till it turns transparent.
2. Add ginger-garlic paste. saute on medium heat till the raw smell is gone.
3. Add chopped carrot and saute well.
4. Add tomato and saute till it turns mushy.
5. Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and garam masala. Stir the ingredients well once.
6. Add water and salt. Cover the pan with a lid. Allow the contents to cook well on medium flame for 15 minutes.
7. Add the ground coconut spice paste and let the contents cook for another 5 minutes or until the kurma starts to thicken. (Don't cover the pan with lid after you add coconut paste)
8. Pour the tempering over the kurma and garnish with coriander leaves.
Time Taken for Preparation : Less Than 30 Minutes
Serves : 2
This participates in Jaleela's - Bachelor's Feast