Wish You All A Very Happy & Prosperous New Year - 2013
1. Semolina (Sooji/Rava) - 1 Cup
2. Ghee - 1/2 Cup
3. Sugar - 1.5 Cups or Adjust to your taste
4. Milk - 1 Cup
5. Water - 1.5 Cup
6. Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
7. Cashewnuts - 1 tbs (Broken)
8. Raisin - 1 tbs
9. Yellow Kesari Powder (Food Colour) - A Pinch (Optional)
1. Roast Sooji with 2 tsp of ghee till golden brown (Approximately 5 minutes in medium flame)
2. Let the roasted sooji cool.
3. In a pan, add few tsp of ghee and fry cashew and raisin till golden brown. Keep aside.
4. In the same pan, add water, milk, cardamom powder and Kesari powder (Food Colour). Turn the flame to high.
5. Once the contents starts to boil, medium the flame. Add roasted sooji slowly while stirring continously.
6. Now, add sugar and mix well. Let the contents cook on medium flame.
7. Once cooked, add ghee and mix the contents well.
8. Garnish with fried nuts and raisin.
9. Serve warm.