Paneer Manchurian, an Indo-Chinese dish is a delicious starter. This recipe goes to my event "Healthy Food for Healthy Kids - Paneer Delicacies". (Friends, Do rush in your entries before Jan 10th)
1. Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 2 tbs
2. Corn Flour - 2 tbs
3. Paneer (Cottage Cheese) - 2 Cups (Cubed)
4. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
5. Oil - For Frying
6. Salt - Needed Qty
1. Oil - 1 tbs
2. Ginger-Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
3. Garlic Cloves - 4 (Finely Chopped)
4. Green Chilly - 1 (Finely Chopped)
5. Onion - 1/2 Cup (Finely Chopped)
6. Capsicum - 1 Medium Sized (Chopped)
7. Soy Sauce - 1 tbs
8. Chilly Sauce - 1 tsp
9. Tomato Ketchup - 1 tbs
10. Salt - 1/2 tsp or Adjust to your taste
11. Corn Flour - 1 tsp
12. Water - 1 tbs
1. Combine maida, corn flour, salt and ginger- garlic paste. Add water and make a thick batter.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Dip paneer cubes in the prepared batter. Fry paneer in batches until golden brown.
4. Drain extra oil by placing the fried paneer on a kitchen towel. Keep aside.
5. In a small bowl mix 1 tsp of corn flour and 1 tbs of water. Keep this corn flour mixture aside.
6. Now, in another pan heat 1 tbs of oil. Add onion, garlic and chilly. Saute well.
7. Now add Ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone.
8. Add capsicum and continue to saute in medium flame for few minutes.
9. Add all the sauces and salt.
10. Add cornflour mixture and combine the contents once.
11. Add paneer and mix gently or toss once. Keep in medium flame for 2 minutes.
12. Serve hot as starter.
13. Granish with spring onion and coriander.