Pumpkin stir fry needs only a few basic ingredients and can be prepared in very less time. This goes good with Sambar sadam, Rasam Sadam and Thayir Sadam. The mild sweet taste of pumpkin makes the stir fry delicious.
1. Pumpkin - 2 Cups (Cubed)
2. Red Chilies - 2 (Broken)
3. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
4. Urad Dhal - 1 tsp
5. Curry Leaves - A Few
6. Grated Coconut - 1 tbs
7. Salt - Needed Qty
8. Oil - 2 tsp
1. Chop the pumpkin into bite sized cubes after removing the skin.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Splutter mustard. Add chillies and urad dhal. Fry till urad dhall turns golden brown. Switch off and then add curry leaves and coconut. Transfer to a bowl.
3. In the same pan, add chopped pumpkin. Add enough water and salt. Cook until soft.
4. Now, add seasoning over the cooked pumpkin. Combine the contents well.
5. Serve as a side to sambar sadam, rasam sadam and curd / yogurt rice.