இனிய தமிழ் புத்தாண்டு நல்வாழ்த்துகள்!
To celebrate this Tamil New Year, apart from the regular Tamil New Year Lunch Menu, I have planned to prepare this Aval Payasam / Aval Vella Payasam. This is such a quick and easy dessert.
1. Thick Poha - 1 Cup
2. Jaggery - 1 Cup (Powdered)
3. Ghee - 2 tbsp
4. Coconut Milk - 1/2 Cup
5. Milk - 1 Cup
6. Water - 1 Cup
7. Sliced Coconut - 1/4 Cup
8. Cashew - A Few
9. Raisin - A Few
1. Heat a pan. Add one tsp of ghee and fry aval on a medium flame till it turns golden brown.
2. Coarsely powder the roasted aval and keep aside.
3. Fry coconut pieces on a dry pan and keep aside.
4. Now, heat remaining ghee. Put cashew and raisin. Fry till they turn golden brown. Keep aside.
5. Dissolve jaggery in 3/4 cup of water. Strain and bring to boil. Make a syrup. Keep aside and let it cool.
6. In a thick bottomed vessel, boil milk and water together. When it starts to boil, medium the flame and then add powdered aval. Keep stirring to avoid lumps.
7. Add jaggery syrup, cardamom powder, coconut, fried nuts and raisin. Mix well and allow the contents to cook well.
8. When the payasam is warm, add coconut milk.
9. Add a little more milk, if the payasam thickens.
You May Be Interested in :