This is the recipe that I suggested for my Niece who won Young Chef Competition held in Chennai this 17th (17-5-2013).
I used Hudson Canola Oil while I prepared these fritters at home. Hudson Canola is very healthy and I love it. This oil is the best choice for health conscious people.
But in contest, she used Gold Winner Oil as it was sponsored by them. If you are an health conscious person, you can very well cook fritters on a dosa pan with just a few drops of oil else you can bake it in oven. Either way, it tastes good.
1. Wheat Bread - 2
2. Potato - 1 (Boiled and Mashed)
3. Carrot - 1 tbs (Grated)
4. Beetroot - 1 tbs (Grated)
5. Paneer - 1 tbs (Grated)
6. Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
7. Garam Masala - 2 tsp
8. Kashmiri Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
9. SathuMaavu (Any Brand) - 2 tsp
10. Oats - 2 tsp
11. Maida - 1 tsp
12. Corn Flour - 1 tsp
13. Salt - Needed Qty
14. Oil - For frying
1. Dip bread in water. Squeeze well.
2. Now, combine all the ingredients. Make a soft dough.
3. Divide the dough in to equal portions. Make balls and keep aside.
4. Heat oil. Now, gently flatten the prepared balls and fry on a medium heat until cooked properly.
5. Drain extra oil by placing in a clean kitchen towel.
6. Garnish and serve hot with a ketch up.
You may be interested in :