Wish you all a Very Happy Diwali. Today, I have a very traditional savoury recipe - Thenkuzhal (Murukku). The preparation is very easy. You can check for other Diwali Savoury and Sweets recipe.
1. Rice Flour - 2 Cups
2. Urad Dhal Flour - 1/4 Cup
3. Cumin - 1 tsp
4. Asafoetida - A Pinch
5. Butter - 2 tbs
6. Salt - Needed Qty
7. Oil - For Frying
Gadgets Needed :
1. Murukku Presser
2. Thenkuzhal Mould
1. Combine rice flour, urad dhal flour, cumin, salt, butter and asafoetida.
2. Add water a little by little while kneading. Prepared dough should be like chapathi dough.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Meanwhile, put the Thenkuzhal mould in the murukku presser and then grease the murukku presser with oil. Now, stuff it with the dough.
4. Once the oil is ready for frying, gently press the presser over the oil. You can press two or three murukku at a time depending on your pan size.
5. Fry in low flame till it is crisp.
6. Drain extra oil on a kitchen towel.
7. Store in a air tight container.
I know you all will be inviting your friends and relatives for lunch or dinner on Diwali day. Instead of spending the whole day in kitchen, why don't you order food using discount coupons? Just relax and enjoy the day with your loved ones. Simply order food using this Tastykhana coupons from Flipit.com and get a discount.